Open [Chrome] Renaming your current Device

Discussion in 'Join' started by jwmann, Oct 3, 2017.

1. jwmann

jwmann New Member

So I had a previous device called 'Macbook' but I'm not sure how but Join decided that this device was different and created a new device called 'Chrome'.

'Chrome' worked and I can send and received pushes to it.
    'MacBook' didn't seem to work anymore.
    So I went to https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com/ and deleted both 'Chrome' and 'MacBook' so I can 'start fresh' per se.
    Unfortunately Join didn't refresh this list with the one it's currently using.
    I tried Diagnostics running from Chrome and it would hang at 'Sending Pushes to server'
    In Join settings, it still says 'This device: Chrome' and I can still receive and send pushes.
    I can see 'Chrome' in other devices but not in https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com/
    I don't see 'This device' on 'Chrome' though.

So it all works but diagnostics is freaking out and I have no way to rename my device globally.

Lynngineer likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the report. Can you please try uninstalling and re-installing the Chrome extension and see if it re-registers your device? Thanks in advance

jwmann likes this.
  3. jwmann

jwmann New Member

Uninstalling and Re-installing fixed it, though I had to re-setup every one of my computers using Chrome because the synced Extensions uninstalled Join from every device using Chrome.
    A bit frustrating but it did fix the issue.
    I wish there was a sort of 'reset' button on the extension and the app.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You're right sorry. I need to find out what exactly is causing this issue, but in the mean time a reset button would probably help. Thanks for the feedback!