Open Clipboard limit of 5,000 characters

Discussion in 'Join' started by johnbillion, Aug 26, 2017.

1. johnbillion

johnbillion New Member

Hi João,
    Thank you for your work on Join, it's a hugely useful app. I hope you're enjoying your holiday :)
    I have Join on Chrome on my MacBook Pro set to automatically copy the clipboard to my Android device, and vice versa. With this setting enabled, it appears there is a limit of 5,000 characters which can be copied to the clipboard.
    If I attempt to copy more than 5,000 characters, the clipboard gets copied but then immediately overwritten by my Android device and copied back to my MacBook Pro, with the clipboard truncated at exactly 5,000 characters. I know this is happening because I enabled the clipboard notifications on Chrome, and it immediately pops up telling me "Clipboard Automatically Set", the same as if I copied something manually on my Android device.
    Here's my environment:
    MacBook Pro with macOS 10.12.3
    Chrome 60.0
    Sony Xperia X Compact with Android 7.1.1
    Regards
    John

2. johnbillion

johnbillion New Member

I just remembered that I have the Clipboard Actions app active on my Android. If it's not a problem with Join, it could be a problem with Clipboard Actions.

3. johnbillion

johnbillion New Member

I disabled Clipboard Actions and the issue still occurs.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

5. johnbillion

johnbillion New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't do any Android development so I don't have my device set up to use untrusted APKs. I'll try to get it set up and let you know if it fixes the issue.
    John

: clipboard