AutoWear Confused with setup wizard

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by RoyEP3, Apr 23, 2015.

1. RoyEP3

RoyEP3 New Member

[​IMG]

I don't exactly know what to do with my watch at this screen. Do I say, "OK google, note to self?" Pretty sure that's going to just leave a note for myself. Do I say a command? What command? I don't have anything set up yet. That's why I'm using the setup wizard. How do I get passed this step? Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Exactly, do that :)
    As it says, you'll be given the option to choose how to take the note. If you choose AutoWear, you'll send whatever you say to your phone as a command.
    Hope this helps!

3. khaffner

khaffner New Member

I have the same issue, but your solution doesn't seem to make sense on my 360 with 5.1.1.
    When I say "ok google, note to self", it recognises the command, and gives me the option to speak the note or draw emoji. I don't get the choice to choose Autowear. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

edit: I found a workaround: Opened the app "Android Wear" on my phone, scrolled down to "actions", selected the "take a note"-action and selected "Autowear Command". The I went through the wizard without problems :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    kingdomsaint likes this.
  4. CrewChief521

CrewChief521 New Member

I get to the shake part, select shake setting on the watch under autowear settings and it does nothing. I can't click next to move on, it's like it doesn't take my shake setting.

5. joaomgcd

Nothing happens on the watch when you select shake setting?

6. Louise

Louise New Member

I was having problems with AutoWear recently, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I can't get through the setup. I setup the shake, get to the add voice screen bit but then when it says "Turn on your watch screen and shake your wrist. The voice screen should now show up", it doesn't. So then I go back, setup the shake again and try again. But I can never get past this bit. Any advice? I don't remember having this problem when I set it up the first time.

7. joaomgcd

Did the voice screen show up correctly on the previous step for you? If so, maybe try to setup shake with a bit lower value?

8. Louise

Louise New Member

Brilliant, thank you! Yes tried again and this time the voice screen showed up when it hadn't previously (no idea why) and it all worked.

Thanks for the super fast response. Much appreciated.

: wizard