AutoRemote Connect Tasker to IFTTT, action only works on its own

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Tafelbomber, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Tafelbomber

Tafelbomber New Member

Good evening everyone,

I have not changed my Tasker-setup but my Task stopped working today or a few days ago:
    I am using AutoRemote to connect Tasker to IFTTT. When I run the AutoRemote action to send a message to IFTTT everything works fine.
    When using "Perform Task" to run the action, I always get the following error:
    Code (Text):
    20.14.15/TD getStatic: Active load: true
    20.14.15/Plugin PLUG setMetaData: start: type: Action code: 75305476 pkg: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.lite clsOrLabel: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.activity.ActivitySendMessage
    20.14.15/Plugin PLUG setMetaData: end: type: Action code: 75305476 pkg: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.lite cls: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.activity.ActivitySendMessage label: AutoRemoteLite Message
    20.14.15/Variables doreplresult: |%priority+2| -> |100+2|
    20.14.15/E no wait key, next action
    20.14.15/Plugin PLUG setMetaData: start: type: Action code: 75305476 pkg: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.lite clsOrLabel: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.activity.ActivitySendMessage
    20.14.15/Plugin PLUG setMetaData: end: type: Action code: 75305476 pkg: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.lite cls: com.joaomgcd.autoremote.activity.ActivitySendMessage label: AutoRemoteLite Message
    20.14.15/E handleNewTask: fromUI: false
    20.14.15/E onStart: ignoring new abort-type task Licht Aus, already in queue
    20.14.15/E
    A1: AutoRemoteLite Message [ Configuration:Recipient: IFTTT

20.14.15/E child rejected
    20.14.16/E Error: 1
    20.14.16/MacroEdit action finished exeID 20 action no 5 code 130 status: Err next 6
    Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this error?
    Thanks for your time and help :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. What version of Tasker are you using? Thanks in advance.

3. Tafelbomber

Tafelbomber New Member

Hey :)
    I am the one who has to thank you! You're doing great work with your AutoApps and Tasker!

I'm using the most recent version that the PlayStore shows to me: 5.2.bf1

PS: In the About/Credits screen in Tasker it still shows the link to tasker.dinglisch.net just fyi

4. joaomgcd

Thanks, I've fixed the link for the next release! About the error, that happens if the task is already running.. Can that be your issue?

5. Tafelbomber

Tafelbomber New Member

Unfortunately that is not it. The task is definitely not running when it is called by Perform Task.

6. joaomgcd

Does that happen every time you use the Perform Task action? With any task?

7. Tafelbomber

Tafelbomber New Member

Sorry for this (very!) late response. I forgot about my post here. It appears that the AutoRemote service is killed in the background although I don't use any battery "enhancers" except for Greenify, where the AutoApps are not selected.
    This problem might be connected to the toast message that pops up every time I open AutoRemote: "Permissions denied". I don't know what the toast is about since all permissions (contacts and storage) are granted.

For now I am just restarting AutoRemote every once in a while and everything works fine :).