AutoWear Custom State sensors and App Opened events

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Mike G, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Mike G

Mike G New Member

I just got a Moto 360 Sport, and am trying to learn AutoWear. How can I trigger a Tasker profile using AutoWear’s custom state <sensor-x>, <acceleration>, and <orientation> variables? For example, how could I use <sensor-x> to trigger a Tasker context if I dropped my watch, or wanted to count jumping jacks? Related to that, how can I find out what the gravity sensor (#9) reported when the watch was dropped, or I did a jumping jack? And how could I just use the value of a sensor variable (e.g., air pressure) in a task, without using it to trigger a profile? I read curlyel’s question about pressure, and the related answer, and understand I would need to use the sensor constant, but that’s about it. For example, I don’t understand how to use the sensor constant - would I type <sensor-6>? - or how to access it if it's not part of a custom state trigger.

Also, what are all the "App opened" events (Hal, Jarvis, Function, Listening, Obeying, …)? I see several joapps’ icons on my watch that seem related to these icons – e.g., Function, Listening, Obeying - but am not sure what they do or how to use them. I have never seen Hal, Jarvis, or some of the others. And what if I want to trigger a context if an app closes, instead of opens?

I would really appreciate any help I can get. I’m lost. Thank you.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

You can't directly use profile conditions with the sensor values. You have to read them in a task in a loop for example and set them to global variables that you can then use as profile conditions.

To get more (or less) AutoWear apps on your watch open "AutoWear Settings" on it and choose "Launcher Apps" at the bottom.

Hope this helps!