AutoWear Different prefix to launch actions

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Huckey, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Huckey

Huckey New Member

Hi all,
    I had this working on one of my previous watches and phones but lost the setup and can not find the solution anymore: I would like to be able to launch Tasker actions through my watch but I would like to have a different prefix than "OK Google" for this, for instance "OK Tasker". There are many reasons for that but the two main are:
    - I would like to retain the original functionality of OK Google but have a parallel one when I say OK Tasker
    - My phone system language is English but I would like to have some commands in my mother tongue. I remember that in that old setup which I lost I had it set up in such a way that I could enforce AutoWear/AutoVoice to listen in another language when I said "OK Tasker".

So in other words what I am trying to achieve is that I can say to my watch "OK Tasker, dodaj mleko" (which in Polish means "OK Tasker, add milk" and have Tasker add milk to my shopping list on Google Keep (or Keep Notes as it is called now) (because Google stupidly took away the option of using Google Assistant for this because they want to promote their Shopping List functionality on the Assistant which I hate because I can not share it with my family).

I can see that the interface of AutoWear and AutoVoice has changed much since I last was using these apps and I can not seem to be able to find the settings related to the aforementioned setup anymore.

All help is very welcome :)

Huckey

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

"Ok Tasker" or something similar was never possible sorry, you must be mis-remembering it :)

Were you maybe using shake to bring up the AutoWear voice screen?

3. Huckey

Huckey New Member

Well, now when you say that... :) I guess it could really have been the case. Then you can be proud of having customers so dedicated to your products that they even "fantasize out" functionalities which do not exist in reality :).

So what would be the right approach here? Is it to have shake to bring up the AutoWear voice screen, then interpret the command in Polish via AutoVoice and then run AutoInput to enter the item on the list in Keep Notes?

Huckey

4. joaomgcd

Yes, that should be possible! :D

5. Huckey

Huckey New Member

Just one more question: how can I force AW/AV to interpret what I say in another language? As mentioned before, my phone and watch are set up in English but I would like to say commands in Polish.

/Huckey

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. joaomgcd

You need to setup the voice screen/AutoVoice Recognize action to detect voice in the language you want :)

7. Huckey

Huckey New Member

Yes, but this is the problem. I know how to provide the language in Autovoice Recognize (without "d" at the end) but I do not know how to provide this value in AutoWear - where exactly should I put in?

I am thinking that I need to create a Voice Screen in AutoWear that would then result in Autovoice Recognized (with "d" at the end) Event Profile which could then trigger the task to add the item to Keep Notes. Am I thinking correctly here? If yes, where exactly can I specify the language to "listen in"? If not, how to trigger the watch to listen in a specific language? I am asking because I tried also creating a Profile which would react to AutoWear Shake and then trigger Autovoice Recognize (without "d") (there I can specify the language) but I am not able to get it to work...

/Huckey

8. joaomgcd

Oh, you're right, my bad! I just saw that the AutoWear voice screen does not have an option to choose the language. I think that when I first created AutoWear there was no way of specifying the language, so I never added it! Does it listen in your watch's system language?

9. Huckey

Huckey New Member

In my case AutoWear listens in English. However, I have to admit that I do not know if this is because it listens in watch's language or in the phone's language (I have both set up in English).
    I have also tried setting pl-pl in AutoVoice's settings as default but this seems not to have impacted AutoWear.

There is however one more thing that puzzles me. I have found my old Profiles in Tasker where I wanted to listen to what is said to AutoWear and they have Polish phrases in them. I remember that they worked which in consequence means that I must have been able to force AutoWear to listen in Polish. I remember at the same time that all my previous phones and watches were always set up in English so the setup I have now seems to be the same as at that time.

Are you sure that there have never been language settings in AutoWear? I am asking because I think that long time ago I was able to tell AutoWear to listen in a given language (pretty much in the same way as it is possible in Autovoice Recognize task) but since you have already proven my memory to be weak :) then I won't insist :)

Do you think it would be possible to add a setting in AutoWear to specify which language it should listen in?

/Huckey

10. Huckey

Huckey New Member

Hi again,
    I have discovered some additional things:
    - AutoWear seems to be listening in the watch's language
    - AutoVoice is listening in the primary language set up in phone's Voice settings. Unfortunately, it seems that AutoVoice ignores language settings in AutoVoice (I have tried various language codes like en-us or pl-pl to no avail).

Additionally, interesting enough, the following doesn't work:
    - Create Profile on AutoVoice Recognized -> Easy Commands: add. -> Connect to a task doing something, e.g. showing an Alert.
    - Create Task: Autovoice Recognize.
    When I execute the task I get the standard android popup listening in the default Voice language on the phone. I say "add milk", the phone recognizes this as one of possible commands but the Profile is never triggered.

What could be the reason.

/Huckey

11. joaomgcd

Hi. That happens because Tasker will only consider new profiles after you applied the Tasker data (with the tick icon in the main screen or by exiting Tasker with the back button) :) Can you check that?