AutoTools Display timeout on Gesture Screen

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Seifer, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Seifer

Seifer New Member

Background:
    I currently use this great app and in particular the Gesture screen feature for displaying a simple logo on a car tablet when the screen turns on (car on) and for a few seconds after the power goes off (car off). The gesture screen likes to keep the display on forever so after a few seconds timeout I force the screen to go off which works well, however if someone or an event turns the screen back on again the display will then stay on for good until it's turned off manually.

Question:
    I could code up a work around using the display on/off events and a variable etc but wondering if there's a simple way to just set the gesture screen to have a timeout instead which would avoid all that

Thanks for your help

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding but couldn't you simply use the "Close Screen" option to close the screen? :)

3. Seifer

Seifer New Member

Thanks for your reply. If I close the gesture screen it will show the home screen which would ruin the "look" of the car dashboard so it needs to keep logo (gesture screen) open until it's turned off. I can command it to turn off the screen ok but if someone/something turns on the tablet the gesture screen will then keep the screen on forever. I'm hoping there is a way to change that behaviour.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh, I see. Sorry, there's no setting for that right now. As long as the screen is showing it'll keep the screen on. What you could do is make the icon hide itself after a few seconds so you end up with a black screen :)

5. Seifer

Seifer New Member

Thanks for that. I managed to resolve this by using Tasker show/hide scenes instead with the added advantage that it can display an image over other apps which I use to hide the splash screen of another app while it's loading :) I still use AutoInput for a myriad of other things though. Cheers!