AutoVoice Double Actions - Natural Language from Alexa to Autovoice

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Stupifier, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

I tested this out a couple of ways to verify. Something is not right here.

Autovoice ---> Natural Language = One Action/Command received. This is functioning properly.

Alexa ---> Autovoice ---> Natural Language = Two Actions received....For some reason, I'm receiving duplicate Actions. This is NOT right. This causes any Tasker profile with a matching Natural Language event to trigger TWICE.

My temporary workaround for this is implementing a 2 second cooldown timer into all Tasker profiles containing Natural Language events.

Please help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.
    I just tried and that's not happening for me.
    Please check if you have a duplicate device in the devices section in the main app.
    Also, check that you don't have the same profile running on multiple phones.
    If both of these are not the issue can you please try this in AutoVoice:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Thanks for getting back to me. AutoVoice only shows one device (my phone) in the devices section of AutoVoice app. I only have Natural Language profiles running on one device (my phone).

I will report back with system logs when I return home from work later today.

4. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

System Log output below. FYI, I only have two Natural Language profiles......

In addition, just for clarification:
    1. I attached a screenshot of the devices listed under "AutoVoice Devices"
    2. This is the only Device I own which has ANY Natural Language Profiles. I only started using Natural Voice stuff a couple days ago.....

[​IMG]

Code (Text):
    version 3.0.10b.bf2

OS Build C-Apps MOB31K release-keys
     OS Code 23
     Device OnePlus 3
     Manufacturer OnePlus
     Product OnePlus3

Natural Language - 2017-02-16 18:32:52.321 - Doesn't match because action "TestAlexaAV" doesn't match any selected action: PlayWC3
    Natural Language - 2017-02-16 18:32:52.278 - New Last Natural Language Command: Name: This is a test voice
    Action: TestAlexaAV;
    System - 2017-02-16 18:32:51.290 - Boot done. Reporting that Continuous and Ambient monitors are stopped.
    Natural Language - 2017-02-16 18:32:49.432 - Doesn't match because action "TestAlexaAV" doesn't match any selected action: PlayWC3
    Natural Language - 2017-02-16 18:32:49.294 - New Last Natural Language Command: Name: This is a test voice
    Action: TestAlexaAV;

5. joaomgcd

Did you do that just after rebooting your phone by any chance? Do you also get 2 commands if you click on your device in the device list and say a command to it?

6. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

1. I did not do this just after rebooting. Not sure why there is a reboot thing in the log there.
    2. I do actually get the same issue if I click on my device in the device list and say a command to it......2 command trigger. The strange part, this test is just plain using Autovoice. API.AI and Alexa are cut out of this test. So that helps narrow the problem down.

Probing Statement:
    The only device listed in the "AutoVoice devices" screen is my Phone (Oneplus 3). This is my primary Tasker device.....it does have non-Natural Language profiles active on it. I am doing all of this work on that Device.
    My other Tasker device is just a Tablet which has extremely minimal Tasker profiles on it.

7. joaomgcd

Thank you! Can you please try long-clicking that device in the devices screen and deleting it? Then try the alexa command again and see what happens. It should say that you don't have any devices hopefully.
    After that enter the screen again so that the device registers itself again and try again. Thanks!

8. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

I will try when I get home from work. I figured maybe refreshing the device registration might help but I have not done it yet. Will report back later today. Thanks

9. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Issue persists. Still receiving double actions.

To clarify, I deleted my device in the "Autovoice Devices" screen.....Then tried the Alexa command again. Alexa said I don't have any devices (as you predicted it would). Then I entered the "Autovoice Devices" screen again and my device registered itself again. I then try the Alexa command....and I receive double actions to my phone. I also check the system log.....it shows the same thing as before (minus the boot thing)

What's next to solve this issue?

10. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Hey joaomgcd,
    I've got some more interesting info for you. Plot thickens.

I was curious, so I went ahead and made my own Alexa Skill which sends an AutoRemote message from Alexa. It was really easy. I just followed a github guide at https://github.com/jratliff681/EchoTasker

Anyway, here is the interesting part! I monitor the AutoRemote "In" logs and I trigger my new Alexa Skill........AUTOREMOTE RECEIVES TWO SEPARATE COMMANDS! I also monitor Alexa history from the Alexa app...it shows Alexa/Echo only receives my voice once.......So what the hell is going on here???

[​IMG]