Open Duplicate Devices

Discussion in 'Join' started by Tonitram, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Tonitram

Tonitram New Member

Hi, I just started using join and have a issue. I want join running on 2 devices, My PC and my Samsung S9 phone. I set up the join app on my phone and the chrome extension on my PC. The problem is that both my phone and PC list my phone twice. I had 2 entries for "Samsung S9". SMS will only work on 1 at a time so I renamed the one that was working to "My phone".
    Now the chrome extension shows the devices listed as "Samsung S9" and "My phone" and the app shows "Samsung S9" and "This device" and "My PC". I tried to delete both phone devices from https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com/ and then swipe down in the app to refresh devices, but then both "Samsung S9" and "This device" show up again. Also while in the app, if I swipe down to refresh devices again, it toggles between "Samsung S9" and "My phone" and then wants me to update since my device ID changed.
    My goal is to have 2 devices listed on the chrome extension...."this device"(meaning my PC) and "My phone".
    and from the app..."This device"(meaning My phone) and "My PC".
    I tried to delete the device listed as "Samsung S9" but it always comes back.

Any help with this would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you please try this:
    • Sign out of the app on the phone (open navigation bar on the left and tap on your account at the top)
    • Go to https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com and delete all the phones there
    • Sign in to Join again in the Android app
    • Check that you only get 1 device that way.
    Hope this helps!

3. Tonitram

Tonitram New Member

Yes that worked! Thank you very much.
    I'm liking this program a lot so far. This was the only issue I have come across.

Thanks again!

: devices