AutoWeb Dynamic Cloud Wallpaper

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Dubs, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Dubs

Dubs Member

Hi, I'm new to AutoWeb and need help with a rather simple project. I have a Dropbox folder with lots of photos inside. I want to make a daily wallpaper out of them. I've been told I could do this with AutoWeb, but how?

At every 12am I want to queue every file inside this folder, and somehow pick one file at random to download locally. Once local, an app called 'Wallpaper Changer' would pretty much take it from there and automatically set the wallpaper.

I've already authenticated with Dropbox in the AutoWeb app*. I just need help setting up the task. I could really use some newbie grade instructions, or an importable task if possible. I've asked the Tasker subreddit for help but I feel they are overestimating my ability with variables. I use global variables all the time, but I've never performed math with them.

*can I disable the Chrome app after authenticating? AutoWeb seems to require Chrome, but I prefer the Brave browser and don't really want Chrome.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Unfortunately there's no action for listing your files right now, but you should be able to add it :) Do you think you're able to do that?

3. Dubs

Dubs Member

I can try but I'm not sure I understand the suggestion.. will this allow me to queue up files in a folder?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk