AutoWear Enable/disable wrist gestures with Tasker profile

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Rasmus, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Rasmus

Rasmus New Member

Hi,
    Is there a way to use AutoWear to enable/disable wrist gestures "tilt to wake" on the watch? My use case is this: I like wrist gestures during the day. But when I'm wearing my watch at night (sleep tracking), the watch screen turns on whenever I turn in my sleep. The screen light wakes up my wife, who gets annoyed and tells me to turn off my watch. Right now I'm turning wrist gestures "tilt to wake" off manually at night when I go to sleep, and on again in the morning when I wake up. But obviously this toggling should ideally be done automatically by Tasker and AutoWear.

I've tried to create a new Settings (under "Manage Settings" in the AutoWear app on my phone). But there doesn't seem to be anything related to turning wrist gestures "tilt to wake" on/off (only WiFi, bluetooth, etc).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unforutnaetly no, sorry :(

3. MikeW

MikeW Member

If you use the Watchmaker app to create faces for your watch, you could make one that didn't have bright elements. Then you could use Tasker to automatically switch to that face at night and back to the normal one in the morning. I do something similar, having my watch automatically theme itself to match the car I'm driving.

4. Adam Lopresto

Adam Lopresto New Member

What I do is use AutoInput on the phone to start the Android Wear app, and navigate through the options there to turn on and off the "Tilt to wake screen" and/or "Ambient screen" options from there.

Attached Files:

5. wowbutters

wowbutters New Member

FYI in 2020 this technically works, but some of the elements need to be adjusted.
    Of course, you must change the device name to your own and the settings menu is now "Advanced Settings". Ambient Screen is now called "Always on Display".
    Also, you need to add a "Scroll Forward" action to get to the bottom of the screen (be sure there are no toasts being displayed when you are attempting to click or it will no work properly).