AutoTools Error 1185377229: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mrDM, Aug 8, 2018.

1. mrDM

mrDM New Member

Using a dualsim Samsung Note 8, I was working on a task to disable the second sim card. Following these instructions, I found the system setting phone2_on and made a custom AutoTools Secure Settings task to change its value from 1 to 0. I have tried it both as a Toggle and an INT.

However, when running the task I am getting an error message which I don't fully understand: "Error 1185377229: Can't change setting on this device: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings." Does this mean that Tasker / AutoTools cannot change these settings, even after using adb to grant the permission to write secure settings?

There was a similar thread in which somebody did make this work, but on a rooted phone.
    ---
    Error message:

11.45.03/MyPM getReceiverInfo: android.content.pm.
    PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: ComponentInfo{com.joaomgcd.autotools/com.joaomgcd.autotools.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire}
    11.45.03/ android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getReceiverInfo(ApplicationPackageManager.java:567)
    11.45.03/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.du.a(Unknown Source:1)
    11.45.03/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.du.f(Unknown Source:0)
    11.45.03/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.el.a(Unknown Source:336)
    11.45.03/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(Unknown Source:57)
    11.45.03/ net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.ExecuteService.a(Unknown Source:296)
    11.45.03/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoTools Secure Settings / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 6 bundle keys
    11.45.03/E AutoTools Secure Settings: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autotools/com.joaomgcd.autotools.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire
    11.45.03/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
    11.45.03/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    11.45.03/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
    11.45.03/E pending result code
    11.45.03/E add wait task
    11.45.03/E Error: 1185377229
    11.45.03/E Can't change setting on this device: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I already worked around this issue in Tasker itself :) Try using the Custom Setting action there. Hope this helps!

3. mrDM

mrDM New Member

Thanks! I tried the Custom Setting, and it does change the value of phone2_on!

Regretfully, this does not actually disable the SIM card. While the SIM card manager is happy to tell me it is 'off', I can still be called on that number. The status bar also shows there is still a connection. When I try to turn a SIM card on, it appears on in the card manager, but there is no connection.

Too bad, I guess I'll have to remember to do in manually :-(

: error