AutoVera Error Authenticating

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Consci, Mar 12, 2017.

  1. Consci

    Consci New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2016
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    1
    Hi!
    I have VeraPlus and I purchased AutoVera. It all worked fine, but we've moved to a new flat and I've set a new password for my controller.
    After that AutoVera can't see my Vera.
    I type in my Vera username and password (same I use to log in at home.getvera.com) then I click on the "Your Veras", tap refresh, and I get this message:
    [​IMG]
    And the same time I get a notification:
    "Error authenticating
    Please check that your username and password are correct.
    Make sure to use the credentials from home.getvera.com if you're using UI7"

    I enabled system logs. My phone and the Vera is on the same network. I can control every device with my phone with the Vera Mobile app.
    - I'm sure I'm using the right credentials. I changed password couple of times.
    - I reinstalled AutoVera on my phone and on the controller also
    - I rebooted the Vera controller
    - Vera controller has been updated, and it now it has the latest firmwave

    I also downloaded AutoVera to my tablet, but I got the same error message.
    I'm out of ideas. Can anybody help me? :)
    Thanks in advance!
     
  2. Consci

    Consci New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2016
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ok, I solved the problem, but it's really weird.
    It accepted my username with lowercase letters (despite of the fact that my username contains an uppercase letter)
     
    James Watkins likes this.
  3. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    9,476
    Likes Received:
    797
    Ok, thanks for the info and I'm glad you found the fix! Thanks!
     
  4. tzeench

    tzeench New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2017
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, the micasaverde API requires the username to be all lowercase, which is why you got the error. Though the DEV of AutoVera should of automatically lower cased it for you, then this wouldn't of been an issue.
     

Share This Page