AutoVoice Error: RecognitionService busy + Prob Another App used the Mic

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by MysticGolem, Feb 26, 2016.

1. MysticGolem

MysticGolem New Member

Greetings!

I have been a long time user of Autovoice and Tasker.

There has been an annoying bug that causes Autovoice to stop working when using Autovoice Continuous mode. In the logs I get the following errors:
    Error: RecognitionService busy
    Probably another app used the microphone. Restart continuous listener

I also know how to reproduce this bug/problem.
    Using Tasker create a task that enables Autovoice Continuous mode.
    Assign the task an icon.
    Using your launcher (Nova or Apex or other) and add a Tasker Shorcut to your desktop that is your Autovoice Continuous task.
    On your homescreen click on the icon, go to your log in Autovoice and everything should be working fine.
    Now go back to your homescreen.
    Click on your icon again, or keep hitting the icon like 5 times in a row and this will cause Autovoice to break.

In my experience you can press the icon just twice in a row and Autovoice will break and state the error listed above.

I'm not sure if I can program some basic logic into Tasker to check if the Autovoice Continuous mode is already enabled, then don't run another instance of AV Continuous, which will break the app.

I'm hoping you have a solution to this please.

2. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan Member

I turned off the microphone permission of every app on the phone except AutoVoice and the Google app. The error still occurs.

This only seems to happen when I select Hide dialog in the AutoVoice settings.