Extending AutoVoice with pocketsphinx

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by KittyTheSnowCat, Jun 18, 2015.

1. KittyTheSnowCat

KittyTheSnowCat New Member

Are there any plans on extending AutoVoice to have its own voice recognition? I don't really like the Google offline recognition and always sending stuff to their server is not that great either.
    I have looked for alternatives, apparently pocketsphinx is great, but noone seems to use it but RSen for his commandr and this app is just to cluttered for me. All i want is an app that takes what i say and pass it on to tasker.
    Continueous listeing would of course be great but i mainly use conditions were i am prompted to talk anyways. So have you ever looked in that direction? Would you consider it? Or is it completely out of the question?
    Thanks anyway for your great work =)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I hadn't considered it no :) Can you please tell me how Commandr uses pocketsphinx in app? Thanks!

3. KittyTheSnowCat

It has a seperate app called open mic+ which uses pocketsphinx instead of google voice for voice recognition and then triggers commandr

4. joaomgcd

And it's as good as google's voice recognition in your experience? Thanks again

5. KittyTheSnowCat

I only had it installed shortly but it seemed very smooth.. and from the comments of others it is also faster. Of course pocketsphinx needs a dictionary. I thought maybe it is possible to built an app in a way that you can change the dictionary and start of with a rather simple one. It will probably take a bit of time, but there will probably be tutorials how to build a dictionary and there will be a lot of custom ones, which means real customisation and also custom hot phrases^^
    There are also some on voxforge, which can probably be used. And there already are some tutorials, i read over that topic during the christmas holidays and wanted to see if i could get it to work, but my java sucks and there is something wrong with the demo, that is not fixable when you have no idea what you are doing^^
    http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/tutorialdict
    http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/tutorialadapt

6. joaomgcd

Thanks for getting back to me. :) I'll consider adding it to AutoVoice. Thanks again!

: autovoice