AutoNotification Feature Request - TRUE COLOR Notification Icon

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Stupifier, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

There are many instances where I would like to color-code my AutoNotification icons in the status bar. It makes it easy to understand what the notification is at a glance.

Ever since KitKat, Google made it Law that all notifications icons in status bar be White-Wash tinted. Please add a setting in Autonotification which will make the notification icon TRUE COLOR instead of Forced-White. I know this is possible as I have seen other Apps notifications be colored and not White.
    #AllColorsMatter

I understand some find it aesthetically pleasing that all their notification icons are white.....but it is FUNCTIONALLY INFERIOR! All white icons removes a very basic distinction between various notifications---COLOR!

P.S. Bonus Points for adding a Color Tint option to the Icon........#AllColorsMatter LOL

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I can't do that unfortunately. Other apps are able to do it because they target older versions of Android. If you target Android Lollipop or above all icons are automatically turned white. sorry!

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Damn......how unfortunate! No way to do some kind of selective targeting. In other words, trick it?

4. joaomgcd

Nope, sorry! I wish! I also prefer full color icons myself!

Stupifier likes this.
  5. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Good to hear your prefer them as well. To me, that means you'll be keeping a close eye should Google change their minds regarding this.

joaomgcd likes this.
  6. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Question:
    The SMS App Textra allows for color-coded notifications.....how are they able to do this and Autonotification cannot? What is so wrong if you were to just "Target older version of Android" in Autnotification?

7. joaomgcd

If I target older versions of Android I can't use new features in the app like the notification reply or quick tile settings for example

8. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Ahhh....Understood. :(

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

9. digitalpig

digitalpig New Member

Just a thought, would it be possible to create an add-on for AutoNotification which targets older android versions and then call this add-on from the real "Lollipop-targeted" AutoNotification for certain actions?

I'm not asking for this in any way, I was just wondering whether this would be theoretically possible. :)

10. joaomgcd

Yeah, that would be possible :)

11. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Well, I followed this thread just in case an update such as this is ever considered/implemented.

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk