AutoVoice Few questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Hugues, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hugues

Hugues New Member

Hi guys,

new to Autovoice and Tasker. Before i jump in and start my project, just want to check if Tasker and Autovoice are the right apps for what i want to do (i hope i'm in the right forum):

- i use my Nexus 5 Android phone as my dashboard on my motorbike
    - i have a bluetooth headset in my Nolan helmet, with a mic
    - I would like to give voice commands from my helmet to my phone, ideally without having to touch my phone or bluetooth headset while driving. So basically the system should always be in listening mode. Maybe my phone can start listening when my bluetooth headset is activated ? Can Tasker recognize this event ? (specific bluetooth connection coming in -> autovoice starts in continuous mode ?) No issue with battery drain as my phone is charging while on the bike.
    - Can a voice command make the phone switch to an already open app ? or it opens a new instance of an app ?
    - Can a voice command simulate the touchscreen pressing of a specific button of the current displayed app ? or at a specific position on a screen ?

If it's possible to do this, then i take the plunge !

thanks a lot

Hugues
    www.zapmotorbikes.com

2. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

First things first:
    - Always listening eats quite a lot of battery, both from the phone and from the headset. Be prepared to keep your phone charging and charge the headset very often.
    - Using AutoVoice you can recognize commands. After that, it's all about Tasker. You can manipulate the interface directly with AutoInput or use other means to achieve the actions you want. I'd only be concerned that your imagination would not keep up with the things Tasker & co. can do. :p
    It might take some work as you'll have to think about all the scenarios, but I'm sure you can get where you want.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Everything you said seems possible. You may want to try the AutoVoice trial though, as not all headsets are compatible (I'm not able to test them all, sorry).
    AutoInput will be your best friend in this scenario, I'm guessing! :D

4. Hugues

Hugues New Member

Thanks guys, way forward is clear, I'll install first Autovoice trial.

These apps are cool !