AutoShare FileUriExposedException

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by darKpoiSon, Jul 21, 2017.

1. darKpoiSon

darKpoiSon New Member

I'm having the following exception thrown when trying to share a file from the internal sd card:
    android.os.FileUriExposedException: file:///storage/emulated/0/test/test exposed beyond app through ClipData.Item.getUri()

I wasn't able to find an email address anywhere so I'll post it here. What I was trying to achieve was to share all files in a specific folder as soon as a file gets created.

*Edit*
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Model Number: SM-G955F
    Android Version: 7.0

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.
    Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. darKpoiSon

darKpoiSon New Member

Please find attached the profile's description, including the task exported as text.

Attached Files:

4. darKpoiSon

darKpoiSon New Member

here is the full outout of the plugin inside tasker:
    07.55.45/ActionArgBundle key: android.intent.extra.SUBJECTSEND: replace <null> String value with null
    07.55.45/ActionArgBundle key: android.intent.extra.TEXTSEND: replace <null> String value with null
    07.55.45/Variables doreplresult: |%File| -> |/storage/emulated/0/BackgroundVideoRecorder/test|
    07.55.45/ActionArgBundle AutoShare: IntentData: %File -> /storage/emulated/0/BackgroundVideoRecorder/test
    07.55.45/Variables doreplresult: |%File| -> |/storage/emulated/0/BackgroundVideoRecorder/test|
    07.55.45/ActionArgBundle AutoShare: android.intent.extra.STREAMSEND: %File -> /storage/emulated/0/BackgroundVideoRecorder/test
    07.55.45/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoShare / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 13 bundle keys
    07.55.45/E AutoShare: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoshare/com.joaomgcd.autoshare.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverShare
    07.55.45/E add wait type Plugin1 time 10
    07.55.45/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    07.55.45/E add wait task
    07.55.46/E Error: 1955811146
    07.55.46/E android.os.FileUriExposedException: file:///storage/emulated/0/BackgroundVideoRecorder/test exposed beyond app through ClipData.Item.getUri()

5. joaomgcd

6. darKpoiSon

darKpoiSon New Member

I installed the new version and now it works as designed.
    Seems like the only way to go from 7.0 onwards is to use the content provider.
    Thank you for your quick support :)
    *EDIT*
    When using variables it only works be prefixing content://
    (also i cant mark this thread as solved since the selection appears behind the edit box so i cant select a new status)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  7. joaomgcd

Thanks for the info!