AutoWear Four screen delay issue

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Salah, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Salah

Salah New Member

Hi,

I'm having issue with AutoWear on my Huawei Watch.
    I set a floating icon to trigger a command when swiping left on it, then it should show a FourScreen.

When I swipe on the icon, the FourScreen displays after an important delay (2-5seconds).
    I activated the log toast on my smartphone and I can see that AutoWear immediatly recognize the AutoWear command. Is it a normal behaviour or should it display much faster ?

Also, after I dismiss the FourScreen, I can't get it to show again until multiple swipe attempts (it's random but usually 6-7 tries). The command is still recognized by toast log on my smartphone.

I setup the FourScreen using tasker. I'm not sure what's the issue here.

Thanks for your support and big thanks for AutoWear, I would never thought about getting a smartwatch without AutoWear :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

There's a delay if you are reacting to the command on the phone and sending the screen via Tasker every time :)
    If you want to avoid that, set the command to show on the screen and avoid creating it through Tasker every time.
    Hope this helps!

3. Salah

Salah New Member

Definitely better, thanks!
    It even solved my second issue where the screen doesn't appear the second time.

I guess I can't avoid using tasker and have that delay when I want to trigger an action (http request for instance) from one of the fourscreen options ?

4. joaomgcd

Yes, that's unavoidable :)

By the way, the other delay you were experiencing was because of the timeout setting on the screen creating action on your phone. If you set that to 0 it'll be instant :)

5. Salah

Salah New Member

If I set the timeout to 0, it will also disappear instantly.

6. ubergeekseven

ubergeekseven New Member

I didn't understand what the timeout was for, so I never did anything with it. But reducing it to 0 fixed all of my issues with delay. I guess that the timeout keeps the tank running for that set amount of time and that's why I had to wait 20 seconds before it would allow me to trigger the same task again. Thanks for the recommendation. I love your apps and have subscribed for a couple years. I have so many things tied to your applications that if it ever goes away, I don't know what I'll do.

7. joaomgcd

@ubergeekseven if you set the timeout to 20 it'll wait 20 seconds for you to send a command from the screen and then advance the task with that command available in the same task :) You might want that in some situations.