Google Home-Saiy and mic input

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Wanderer189, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

I am very new to all the autoapps and tasker, but learning fast. Here is my scenario. I have an app called Saiy (formally Utter) that allows voice control over an android device pretty well, simply choice an app to launch and set up the phrase you want, error reply, etc. It has a shortcut to activate the mic, click on it and say the command and it runs it, it also does searchable request for most any major app like chrome, youtube, ebay, etc. Every thing work great and super easy to set up and use.

Here is my problem, I cannot figure out how to use it with the Google Home. I talked with Google folks and they said the app has to be recognized by them and they developer has to work with them on that. I passed that along to him.

Anyways, I thought maybe I could use the autoapps (autovoice/autolaunch/autoinput or which ever ones needed) to maybe find a way to make it work.

I created a shortcut in the Google Home with a request "open app", this calls autovoice, autovoice then asks for my request, I set up a task "get help" to call the Saiy app, and it does activate the mic, but on the android device, thats where I am stuck.

How am I able to call the Saiy app, allow autovoice to capture my voice command from the Google Home, then send it back to the saiy app??? I have tried to use the Get Voice, but it pulls up the android mic, not anything to do with the Google Home

I have been racking my brain for 3 days trying to accomplish this, the developer of saiy has been great trying to help, but nothing we have come with works.

Surely someone on here has tried something like this and can throw me some help or guidance?

Also: The Saiy plugin actually shows up in Tasker and shows/allows an Action and Speech

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. lareya

lareya New Member

Can you use short cuts in goggle home? This may be able to link your AutoVoice to saiy to goggle home. Just look at the examples here for AutoVoice shortcuts in goggle home.
    I haven't done this myself.....

3. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

@layera: Thanks for the reply, what examples are you referring too? I can get that chain to work with one expection, when Autovoice triggers Saiy, Saiy is looking for the microphone on the android box to be used, I am needing to use the microphone in the Google Home.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Are you able to send text commands to Saiy? If so, simply take the command you hear in AutoVoice on Google Home and send it to Saiy that way :)

There's no way that AutoVoice can make Saiy start listening directly on Google Home.

Hope this helps.