AutoVoice Google Now integration with screen off

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by bigjay517, Jun 5, 2015.

1. bigjay517

bigjay517 New Member

Hello,

I am trying to get autovoice to recognize voice commands to Google Now while the screen is off, using my Bluetooth headset. If I press the button on my headset while the screen is on. The Google search pops up and I can say my commands and they are recognized. The same actions with the screen off has Google Now responding with "I don't know how to handle that" or something similar and the Tasker task does not execute. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will allow this?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that won't work.
    AutoVoice really needs to "see" the letters on your screen so that is able to know what you searched for. :)

Sorry!

3. bigjay517

bigjay517 New Member

Ok, is there some sort of workaround I can use? Will changing the bluetooth button behavior to open autovoice instead help? If I rooted my phone is there an Xposed module that will allow autovoice to receive the data from Google Now with the screen off?

My main use for autovoice is controlling my phone from my bluetooth headset and screen off. So any tips to workaround this limitation would be greatly appreciated.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member