Open Hangouts (Reply)

Discussion in 'Join' started by Thebbbrain, May 11, 2016.

1. Thebbbrain

Thebbbrain New Member

I am not sure if I missed a setting somewhere, but I am not seeing how to reply to Hangouts pushes on my pc. I get the pop up message when I receive a message, but when I click reply, the message goes away and I am only able to reply to the message from the now activated reply on the phone.

I tried installing Android Wear, even tho I don't have a smart watch, and now it does offer a reply pop up window. The functionality there doesn't seem to work as desired in all circumstances. For example, if I receive more than one hangouts message (more than one person), clicking reply brings up a box to reply to all the messages at once. This is not good because I could be having two different conversations where a singular reply is not appropriate.

Ideally, the pop up window when replying should only go to the person or persons (if a group message) from which the message originated.

Again, if I am doing something wrong, or missed a setup somewhere, I apologize. Thanks for your diligent work on this application, I've had it about a day, and so far it definitely seems like a suitable Pushbullet replacement once I figure everything out.

The other thing I've noticed is that the push notifications don't stay up on screen very long, is there a setting that adjusts their duration?

Finally...when using the pc side of the sms dialog, It doesn't always seem to notify when a new message has come in. Not sure if that is a refresh thing, or if I missed a pop up dialog, I'll keep an eye on that one.

Thanks again.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for your feedback.

About the Hangouts messages, can you please let me know if have the "Send All In Group" option enabled in the Android app -> Settings -> Notifications screen?

Thanks again

3. Thebbbrain

Thebbbrain New Member

"Send All In Group" is not enabled.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm.. and what if you enable it? Does it work then?