AutoVera Have state be a variable?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mikefletcher85, Oct 2, 2016.

1. mikefletcher85

mikefletcher85 New Member

This is my first time playing around with Tasker. I've tried looking on the net and around this site, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm working on a simple task to turn on a light with my voice. I'm using Tasker, AutoVoice and AutoVera. My trigger is an AutoVoice Recognized item with regex enabled. Here is my command filter: Turn (?<devicestate>on|off) light

I then created a task with Plugin>AutoVera>Devices and chose my vera, device (as the light I want to control) , service (as Power Switch) and action (as State). I know I can create two tasks (one to change the state to on and the other to off) and just use the If option in that task to check my variable. But is there a way to set the State to look at my %devicestate variable from above? I was hoping to have just one line that would either turn on or off the light based on the variable.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
    ~Mike

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, right now there's no way to use a variable for that situation. You can use a variable for the device name but not for its state. It would make sense but there's no way right now :) Hope this clarifies it.

3. mikefletcher85

mikefletcher85 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I kinda figured there wasn't an option, but I figured I would ask just in case.