AutoNotification [Help] Need to allow Telegram notifications only for some messages. Details inside

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by Radeon89, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Radeon89

Radeon89 New Member

Hi,

I have installed the app Autonotification and started to perform some testing, but I am struggling to understand how to tell to Autonotification that what from certain groups/bots I want to receive all notifications without filters, while from some others I want to receive just the messages containing a specific word(s). The issue is that the content of the messagges varies, it is not standard.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I think we talked about this privately, correct?

3. Radeon89

Radeon89 New Member

Hi Joao, yes it was me.
    We can continue here just in case someonelse has the same issue.

Example of scenario:
    Bot#1: good morning
    Public channel#2: that's interesting
    Public channel#3: let's take a break
    Private chat#4: hello
    Public channel#5: good morning

The content of the messages has not to be taken as the real one, real content is random and not predictable and this is valid for bots, channels and private chats.

My goal:
    - To allow notifications for public channel #2 and 3 only if messages with a specific word(s) are published.
    - To receive from bot#1, private chat#4 and public channel#5 all the notifications without filters.

In respect to private chats, please consider that I could enstablish a private chat or receive a private message from an indefinite number of people, so I would like to avoid a sort a whitelist filter based on the single private chat.

Thank you

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I would advise to create a profile in Tasker that intercepts all Telegram messages. Then in the task you can perform the various checks and cancel the notifications you want to :)

5. Cesare Quadalti

Cesare Quadalti New Member

Hi,all
    I have another problem. I use autonotifications to intercept all telegram notifications from a bot.
    I use the bot to send me a message when my house alarm is enabled or disabled.
    Autonotification should intercept the message and start a Tasker task to announce that the alarm has been enabled or disabled.
    I can't found options, or mode, to intercept a message just once.
    the first time it's ok, only then the announcement task is repeated randomly, I think when android shows the list of telegram messages. How I can to intercept messages only one time?
    Thank you.