Solved [Help please! May pay $!] Auto-reply to SMS with the 4-digit # that is provided within the message

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by TaskerD2, Jul 26, 2020.

1. TaskerD2

TaskerD2 New Member

Hi! I'm trying to snag some overtime at work. Shift alerts are sent out that appear as:

"[#] Open Shift(s) available at [work location, location #], from [time], on [date]. Reply [####] to claim the shift ShiftAlert task: [shift title/time]"

When toggled on, I would like for it to immediately reply with the 4-digit #### to claim it.

I'm fairly novice with Tasker and haven't been able to work it out... If doable, any ideas for how?

And if it can't be done easily, I would be happy to pay if that's allowed!

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That should be doable :)

• Create a profile with the Received Text event condition
    • in the task use the Variable Search Replace with the %SMSRB variable, search for \d{4} and store results in array %numbers (this is searching for 4 numbers in the text message text and storing them in a variable)
    • In the next step use the flash action with %numbers1
    • Receive a text message like that (send it to yourself to test). Do you see it flashing the correct numbers? :)
    Let me know how it works.

3. TaskerD2

TaskerD2 New Member

Thanks so much for your reply and suggestion! My problem with this route was the time within the message is also a 4 digit # (such as 3:00PM would be texted as "1500")

I sought some assistance at reddit/tasker with a solution!:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/hye1cn/autoreply_to_sms_with_the_4digit_that_is_provided/

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Cool :D Glad you got it to work!

: [Help]