Help with Cast Features and Google Assistant Responses

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Ryan Hsu, May 26, 2018.

1. Ryan Hsu

Ryan Hsu New Member

Hi there, I have a feature I would like to program into my home that I have been looking on how to carry them out. My research has led me to tasker. Here's the gist of what I would want to do:

"Hey Google, Locate my wife."

IFTTT activates stringify to do the following:
    1. Turn on the TV.
    2. Send signal to an old phone I have to run tasker to cast Google Maps onto the screen.
    3. Tasker opens up Google Assistant and broadcasts a message that the task is complete.

I have an old Samsung S6 which I do not use anymore. I figure I can load tasker up on that phone and have it do all the automation. The main problem I am having is getting a signal to the phone to trigger tasker to run it's portion and how to get tasker to open an app and do actions within the app to cast a webpage (google Maps in this case).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. To get a message to your phone you could use Join and its API :)
    To get it to cast you could try AutoCast although I'm not totally sure that Google Maps is supported. I think I tried that before and it worked though!

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, just tried and it seems that the google maps page cannot be cast directly. But you can always generate a google maps image and cast that! Check here.