AutoVoice Help with entering text into application field with voice

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Carla Ruigh, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

Hello, I'm new to Tasker and related plugins, though I have some background in MS Access programming, so the concept is not entirely foreign. I'm trying to write a tasker app to allow me to log food that I eat into a food tracking app by using voice commands. (SparkPeople). I've successfully gotten as far as opening the application and navigating to the appropriate screen, with the curser sitting in the search field. I was looking for a way to toggle the little microphone icon on the keyboard to allow voice entry, but haven't been able to figure this out, and not sure if that is the right thing to do. Also not sure if at this point I should be in autoinput or autovoice. If someone could help me get on the right track here, it would be great. If there is a similar tasker example somewhere that could be shared, I do pretty good copy-cat... The ideal would be something like this:

Voice Prompt: What food?
    Answer: Chicken Breast
    Confirmation: (Searches for chicken breast, if found says "found chicken breast" otherwise says "food not found, asks "what food" again.)
    Answer: Confirm, skip, cancel... something like that
    Chicken breast entered..
    After that would need to move to the quantity field and do the same thing.

There is more beyond this.. but if I can get this far, I'll probably have learned enough to continue for a while. (I am restricting the search to a list of "favorites", because the full list of foods would be impossible since there are 10,000 different items that have "chicken breast" in them. I can also control this by managing my favorites list making sure that the names on my favorites list are unique. ) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.. -cjr-

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you already have the cursor in the right place you can simply call an AutoVoice action to recognize what you want, then use "AutoInput Action" Tasker action with the "Paste" option in the focused field to paste the text :)

Hope this helps!

3. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

Thanks, at least I know better what I am looking for... I google this stuff first, but when what I come up with just isn't what I'm looking for so this will help me narrow the focus of my efforts... -cjr-