AutoInput Help with key detecting needed

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by eaglesvr, Mar 25, 2018.

1. eaglesvr

eaglesvr New Member

Please help with Autoinput. I'd like to use the plugin with Tasker, but no luck so far.
    Autoinput in Lite mode - I plan to buy it after I make sure that it can provide the required functionality
    Moto g2, android 6 stack ROM, rooted
    These are steps I did:
    1. Installed AutoInput, started and activated free app use for 1 day, selected “Use AutoInput in Tasker”
    2. Added a new profile in Tasker:
    Add Profile=> Event=> Plugin=>AutoInput=>Key=>Configuration=>Keys, checked “Volume Down”
    New Task=>Alert=>Flash=>%aikeycodename
    Saved configuration in Tasker. Switched to Home Screen
    Pressing Vol Down pops up the standard Volume slider in the Notification bar, no Flash screen popup
    Tasker Run Log doesn’t have records about the new AutoInput profile/task
    I also tried Manual Key Codes when configuring AutoInput profile. AutoInput didn’t detect any hw button codes.
    AutoInput Logs show “No Logs”. It is looks like I am missing some step and the plugin doesn’t get activated
    I looked trough threads on this forum but could not find anything more to try
    Thanks in advance

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you start the AutoInput trial?

3. eaglesvr

eaglesvr New Member

If this about unlocking the app for one day by watching a google advertising, then the answer is Yes. That menu item got non clickable and became enabled the next day again. Or it is something else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. eaglesvr

eaglesvr New Member

In order to exclude possible issues with trial/lite version I just purchased AutoInput and unlocked the plugin. But still no avail. Then I tried the Tasker test from the starting post with two more Android devices: tab pro tablet with Lineage 6 Rom and the cheap lg phone android kitkat Neither worked which confirmed that definitely I am missing something or doing something wrong. It would be highly unlikely that Autoinput Key fail on all three so different android devices. AutoInput log shows only License purchase info, no keys. Tasker log has no AutoInput key entries. Only common thing for all three devices is that they all are rooted. But there is no any special/pirate apps installed. Xposed fw is installed on one of them, but I temporarily deactivated it.Any ideas how to make Autoinput Key working? Probably, some simple test example... So far I am interested in Autoinput Key only- I didn't try other functions if they are workable.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. eaglesvr

eaglesvr New Member

Solved after enabling Accessibility service that was not enabled by default. I got confused by the verbiage in red reading that it should be enabled only in case of some “special accessibility needs”. I didn’t know that key intercepting feature belongs to these special needs. Anyway, Key interceptor works now

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that kind of talk is required by Google, sorry for the confusion :p Glad you got it!