AutoNotification How do I get toggling Quick Tiles to toggle their displayed state correctly?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Peter Schmitz, May 19, 2017.

1. Peter Schmitz

Peter Schmitz New Member

I'm trying to use AutoNotification Quick Tiles to Toggles diverse switches. So far the displayed state does not necessarily correspond to the real state of the switch. There seems to be a refresh issue. Somewhere else I found that you have to interact manually with the quick tile to make it refresh. That works, partially. i.e.
    1)I drag down notification twice
    2)I tap on the quick tile in question
    3)I close notification
    4)I drag down again --> It then automatically rolls up again, and when dragged down yet again, is refreshed.
    Toggle the same setting with a Tasker toggle widget refreshes the widget instantly, but does not always refresh the state of the quick tile. Is there a (forced) refresh function for the Quick Tile Area available? Or is there a possibility to use AutoInput for tapping QuickTiles?

2. Peter Schmitz

Peter Schmitz New Member

Sorry forgot the reference to "Somewhere else"
    citing How to Add Your Own Quick Settings Tiles in Android Nougat « Android Hacks:
    ...One constraint with the new API is that apps can only update their Quick Settings tiles when your phone first boots, or when you interact with them. This means weather Quick Settings tiles can't be automatically updated, but this app has a nice workaround for the issue.

Every time you tap your Weather Quick Settings Tile, the current conditions will instantly update. This means that, even if the tile is showing outdated weather info, you're always one quick tap away from knowing the current conditions....

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, that's weird, on my Nexus 5X I don't have that issue. The tile is correctly updated for me every time I show the quick tiles by scrolling down on the notification list. What device are you trying this on? Does it run stock android?

4. ballasa1

ballasa1 New Member

This is presently happening on my Verizon Pixel 2 running Android 9.0. The tile appears to be active, even though the task hasn't been run. Querying the tile, the status is read as inactive ("2"), so I can't use status to conditionally force it inactive when this is inaccurately occurring. I can, however, simply force it inactive by running the applicable task line that does so.

5. ballasa1

ballasa1 New Member

I stand corrected, I was just able to successfully query the tile state and deactivate it when it was incorrectly displaying active.