AutoNotification How to change (minimize) persistent notification?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by SnipER, Mar 1, 2020.

1. SnipER

SnipER New Member

Hello!
    Please advice, if this is possible.
    In the example I found, received notification is just cancelled and new one is created.
    What I need is to change status of intercepted persistent notification to minimized (and maybe some other params, like tweak text)
    I'm on Android 10, while application is old one without knowing about categories etc. It's Llama, actually.

P.S. Maybe I'm just overcomplicate things? Earlier, notification should be present so app won't be killed by system. Is this still true, even if I add it to "Apps that won't be put to sleep" in settings? If not, then I can just disable notification, or create custom one instead (current notification display wrong Profile status, while data that is intercepted is valid).

P.P.S. Please don't suggest to get rid of Llama and just stick with Tasker, I'm happy with using them both for different things, and there are too many of them already implemented in the former one. ))

Thank you!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The only way to do this is by using the AutoNotification Categories action. But since that app doesn't support categories I don't think it can be done, sorry!

3. SnipER

SnipER New Member

Thanks!

Another question, notifications from some messaging apps (non persistent).
    Can I hide their text, or replace it with my custom text?
    I can cancel it and create my own, but this seems to be too much.

And can you please answe question from 1st post: Earlier, notification should be present so app won't be killed by system. Is this still true, even if I add it to "Apps that won't be put to sleep" in settings?
    For example, I've disabled notifications from Llama and Tasker completely, but everything seems to be working as usual (I mean Profiles, events etc). So notifications are not required anymore?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can't change other app's notifications, sorry.

Yes even in those situations notifications are needed.