AutoVera How To Create An Updating Toggle Widget With Autovera

Simple homescreen widget that toggles a light, with a visual representation of the current status

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

How To Create An Updating Toggle Widget With Autovera - Simple homescreen widget that toggles a light, with a visual representation of the current status

Read more about this project...

2. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Hi Joao, I've used this tutorial and it's great. The one issue I have is what can I do for the Thermostat? I'm fine just displaying a widget that shows the current temperature and nothing else but not quite sure where to start.

3. joaomgcd

Did you try simply choosing the thermostat device in the status update condition?

4. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

No because I understand the functions, the question is how would the widget icon show the temperature in text?

5. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Nevermind, I figured it out. I bypassed all the toggle stuff and just used Tasker's widget label and used %avtemperature(). Works perfect now!

6. joaomgcd

Yeah :) Great

7. Whoamib

Whoamib New Member

I have gone through these steps verbatum 2 times and it still is not working for me???? Does this work for Android 5.0.1 on Galaxy Note 4?

I get a toast message showing the dimming level status changing to 100 and the switchpower status changing to 1 but nothing happens on the widget.

Any tips for troubleshooting?

8. Whoamib

Whoamib New Member

Nevermind, it's appears to be my vera because I tried the same thing on my other vera and it worked just fine...

9. Tom P

Tom P New Member

Can you help me out and let me know what you did? Does it just display the temperature? I've been looking for a thermostat widget for Vera.

10. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I created a task with AutoVera Devices Info. Chose my thermostat and set refresh to true. That exposes the variable %avtemperature().
    The second action is "Set Widget Label". I named it as Temp, you can put what you want. The Label should then be %avtemperature().
    Make sure the task set gets an icon too for it. The use the normal directions for adding it to the home screen. Also make sure you have the AutoVera app device the yellow colored bell indicating AutoVera is monitoring the status of the device.

11. azougado

azougado New Member

It does not update the icon but changes the on / off status in vera. help please!