AutoNotification How to schedule notifications from certain apps?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by lisali, Mar 6, 2018.

1. lisali

lisali New Member

Hi!

Is there a way to schedule notifications from certain apps?

For example, I only want to allow notifications from Facebook or WhatsApp between 1-2pm every day.

I am not rooted. Thank you!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can use the AutoNotification Block action :) Hope this helps

lisali likes this.
  3. lisali

lisali New Member

Thanks so much for the quck response! This seems to block it completely. How do I allow notifications between certain times?

To clarify, I don't want to automatically dismiss notifications as they come. I want NO notifications, until 1-2 pm every day.

Is this possible?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

AutoNotification can only block them, sorry! To do it between those times simply create a profile in Tasker with that time as a context and use the block action in the task :)

5. lisali

lisali New Member

I see. Thank you. I have paid for the full version of the Tasker app, but haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Where do I start?

6. AndresM

AndresM New Member

Hi, I'm tying to achieve the same as you. But trying to do it with Outlook, hate to get notifications from the same mail when I'm at work. With Tasker it's very simple, here you go:
    1. In Tasker, create a New Task and name it.
    2. Add new Action and under select Plugin.
    3. Under Action Plugin, select AutoNotification and then select Block.
    4. In the next screen, you should click on the pencil (for the Configuration), this will take you the the AutoNotification screen
    5. There you click on Apps and select your desired App. Then you click on check and that's all.
    6. Press Back a few times until you are in the main Tasker screen and create a new Profile, under First Context you should select Time (input your desired time) and select the Task you just created.

And that should do it.

Let me know if this helps you. If not, I can try to share with you my profile.

Good luck.