AutoTools HTML Read action with different logins

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by inanc, Nov 17, 2016.

1. inanc

inanc Member

Hi, I need to login a webpage and get data from there. It is very easy with autools however now I want to use different login credentials without authenticating within the action. I will have 5-6 vars that hold different id and passwords and I will choose which one to use at the beginning of task and then call HTML Read. Is it possible in some way?
    If you wonder why, i am trying to enter my university website to get my and my friends grades.

Thanks in advance..

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that's not possible sorry. You can login with 1 account and that's it. AutoTools doesn't store your credentials anywhere, just the cookies that keep you logged in. Wish I could help!

3. inanc

inanc Member

ooh I got it. One more question, i just realized it doesnt work after some time becasuse of cookies i guess. I have to reenter my id and password for it too right?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes that's correct. Maybe an action for authentication in Tasker would help?

5. inanc

inanc Member

could you give a small hint to do it?

6. Mukow

Mukow New Member

The auto tools html read function can accept html into the url field. So do all the authentication in tasker and then pass the html to auto tools