Can't Fix I have no idea how to get voice commands to work properly

Discussion in 'Join' started by Rubyheart, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Rubyheart

Rubyheart New Member

I've been at this for weeks, and I'm at my wits end. I don't know how to do something that should be simple. I have the Join extension installed on Chrome on my PC, and Join, Tasker, and AutoApps installed on my phone. I have an action in Join on Chrome that sends a push to my phone that then triggers a task. Simple, easy, done.

I want to change that to a voice command, so I can use that instead of the hotkey for the favorite action. I activate the voice command hotkey and Join will prompt me that it's now listening, I say "Run 'Battery Check' on Galaxy S9", and then Join prompts "What command?" It does not matter what I say at that point, that's all it will prompt, and it will eventually time out, and never runs the action.

The action in Chrome is called 'Battery Check' the command is 'level' and the prompt text is blank. I even made an action where all three fields were 'test' and got the same results. I just want to be able to use my voice to ask my computer how charged my phone is, what am I missing here?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry! Unfortunately Tasker commands by voice are not possible. You can do one of the other pre-defined commands, but not Tasker commands.Sorry for the confusion. For that you can use the AutoVoice Chrome extension.

3. Rubyheart

Rubyheart New Member

I feel a bit better knowing that it's not possible, and not something I was doing wrong. Thank you, and thank you for continuing to make such a fantastic suite of apps.