Open Interface with a separate chrome extension

Discussion in 'Join' started by Jad91, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jad91

Jad91 New Member

So I'm trying out a gestures chrome extension (click, drag, scroll to perform actions like new tab, ect). There's an option to associate a custom script with a custom gesture, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can get the extension to tell the Join extension to do x (push selected text to my phone, open link on my phone, ect).
    I wanted the gesture extension to tell join to send x to device y, either by simulating clicking through the context menu, or clicking through the join popup, and then join would handle the rest. I wanted to avoid just giving the extension the API link, because the API key does link to my account and if the extension does any data collection, the wrong person could end up seeing my key, investigate what it is, and then read all my personal things.

I'm not all that familiar with chrome extensions and how they work yet, but I do understand javascript.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make this work, or is what I'm asking not possible?(...yet?)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, unfortunately I really don't know of a way to do that, sorry! Maybe you can try EventGhost to automate the inputs?