Join "contacts" file in Google Drive.....

Discussion in 'Join' started by mtneerndixie, Mar 11, 2017.

1. mtneerndixie

mtneerndixie New Member

Basically, I am a novice at programming and to this environment altogether. Instead of using AutoContacts and making it easy, I want to know how things work and manipulate the data manually.
    I want to do some things by using the contacts file that Join keeps synced in the sms folder in Drive. I have tried several methods but have the following problems:
    1. Cannot seem to successfully grab the file contents or download the file using Tasker and/or AutoWeb or HTTP Get.
    2. The file has no extension and Drive lists it as a binary file. If so, I'd like to convert it to JSON or XML in Tasker to work with it in AutoTools. I've tried the 'Read Binary' action but wasn't able to get any further. Can I simply write a new file using the read binary contents variable and name it .json or .xml?
    I may be overthinking it, so any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I've added a new action in the Google Drive API that allows you to get the file's contents with the given file ID.
    Hope this helps!

3. mtneerndixie

mtneerndixie New Member

Thank you so much! I didn't expect that but I should have known. Your support of your work is unparalleled.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad to help!! :)

: join