Open Join IFTTT actions work within Join but Tasker can't execute them

Discussion in 'Join' started by Steve Midgley, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Steve Midgley

Steve Midgley New Member

I recently upgraded my Pixel 3 to Android 10. On Android 9, I wasn't having the following problem. Basically I can create webhook tasks in IFTTT and fire them via Actions in Join - that all works fine from within the Join app.

But of course, I want to use the Join plugin in Tasker to enact these in practice. However, I'm unable to do so, even in a test setting: I open Join (to make sure it's running), then open Tasker, and create a test task with the plugin setup to fire a Join Action that is already created.

When I manually run this Tasker Task, the process hangs on the Join step. And in the Notifications, it shows "Join * Now / Tasker Action / Running..." -- but nothing happens.

I have to force stop Join to get that notification to go away (I let it run for 10 minutes and nothing happens). This seems very weird b/c Join has no problem running the task itself.

When I run the diagnostics in Join, I get green for all up except "Get Contact and SMS Info" and "Get Location Info" and "Send Notification to Chrome" -- Do I need to enable these permissions for the system to work?

Right after I upgraded to Android 10, I had a problem with Join, but I uninstalled it, and reinstalled and set it up, and then the Actions started working fine (GCM diagnostics were failing before I reinstalled).

I've also gone through all the steps here for Tasker and Join (but I'm not convinced that even matters for my test b/c both apps are running).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (and I did purchase Tasker and Join).

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Steve Midgley likes this.
  3. Steve Midgley

Steve Midgley New Member

Thanks. I installed that version, and the problem is the same. I ran the diagnostics after installing, and everything works (as before) through Send File to Google Drive. The last 3 fail (b/c I haven't set up those permissions). After 10 min the notification "Tasker Action / Running..." is still up. Notably I get a notification from Join titled "Clipboard Monitoring" - do I need to enable Clipboard Monitoring in order for Tasker-Join integration to work? The only thing I need from Join is to allow me to fire IFTTT Webhook actions from Tasker, so I only want to give it the minimal permissions for that functionality.

Thanks again for any advice!

4. Steve Midgley

Steve Midgley New Member