Open Join is slowing Tasker when phone reception is poor

Discussion in 'Join' started by Matt Burns, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Matt Burns

Matt Burns New Member

Hi,

I've been staying at a friend's place on many weekends for nearly a year, and phone reception is poor (no Wifi at the house) - 0, 1 and 2 bars out of 4. Sometimes 3 bars if I'm on the patio upstairs, and I've spent many hours writing Tasker functions, no problem, until I recently installed Join.

On the first weekend away at my friend's place after installing Join I noticed while writing Tasks that the scrolling in Tasker was jerky, every button press and action was slow, to the point it became impossible to continue. It was very frustrating. All other Apps and phone functions ran at the usual fast speed ok.

When I returned home - to my Wifi and good data phone reception of 3 to 4 bars - Tasker was back to normal, running fast, scrolling was smooth and fast, and responses to button presses very fast etc., I realised Join was the problem somehow.

The next weekend I visited my friend's house and once again Tasker slowed to a crawl - disappointing because I wanted to work on a Tasker project. I tried changing every setting that might have any influence, but nothing helped, so I uninstalled Join, and the problem was solved - Tasker and its tasks resumed running at full speed - fast scrolling a task, opening and closing tasks and functions/plugins, all good.

Then I realised the data connection / poor reception was causing an issue with Join/Tasker so I re-installed Join, and when Tasker stopped responding properly I turned off Data, (and no Wifi) and Tasker and running tasks then sped up within 30 seconds or so and ran at full speed. So when I wanted to write Tasks I had to turn off the network, no reception at all.

The problem is related to Join, Tasker and poor network reception. I can recreate the problem anytime at my friend's place - turn off the poor Data connection and Tasker runs at full speed, turn on Data then Tasker is impossible to use if Join is installed.

Any thoughts / ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks,
    Matt

Phone: Samsung S5 on Android 6

: Slow, Tasker, Join, Network