Open Join Issues with SMS on web client

Discussion in 'Join' started by mrWeenus, May 5, 2020.

1. mrWeenus

mrWeenus New Member

Have been really struggling trying to get Join SMS working through web client. When loading the https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com/sms.html?deviceId=XX site, I get a message
    No SMS found.
    Please enable the SMS service on your Android device.

I am unable to load contacts as well from web client.

I have run the diagnostics tests on my phone and everything passes. When using the chrome extension, everything works as intended and am able to send/receive texts. Issue is work computer restrictions prevent me from installing the Chrome extension on my work PC. I've attempted trying the web client from my phone as well as my personal laptop and get the same error message, so don't beleive its any blocked services on my work's network. I've tried changing default messaging app as suggested in one of the solutions within the forum (currently use Textra) and have yet to be successful. Able to use every other aspect of join I've attempted from web client but not SMS. Any suggestions would be thoroughly appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. I can confirm the issue and I'm working to fix it as soon as I can. thanks for the report.

mrWeenus likes this.
  3. Arran

Arran New Member

I had this problem, with the google addon, click the device icon -> click the device ( phone ) -> click send SMS.... it then works and populates all sms text messages sent from that device..

4. joaomgcd

Sorry about that. I'm still working on the fix :)

5. Lord Sithek

Lord Sithek New Member

Hope there is a progress with this issue since I suffer from this as well :) Except that, I'm very happy user of Join and I don't regret spending some money on it o_O

6. joaomgcd

: Join, Web Client, SMS