AutoInput Keys intercepting on Nvidia Shield TV

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Daniel D, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Hi João,
    I'm trying to achieve some new automation state with my Nvidia Shield TV and I've hit a bump on the road again (will get back to AutoVoice a little later).
    I was trying to intercept commands coming from my universal IR remote. But I've noticed that some keys (like A, B, X, Y, bumpers, etc) are not intercepted if coming from the IR remote, but they are intercepted if coming from the gamepad.
    Now, I am not 100% sure that the IR remote is actually sending those keys. I'll have to look into that a little later. I just want to ask you if you are avare about this behavior on the Android TV platform.
    By the way, in the end did you get an Shield TV or not?
    Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I wasn't aware of that no... I did get the Shield TV but only have the gamepad myself :)
    You can try out the new key interceptor detector in the tasker condition to see if those are maybe received as different keys...

3. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "key interceptordetector in the tasker condition".
    Is this the "AutoInput Key", in the event section? That is what I used, by the way.
    Thanks!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yep that was it. :)
    There’s a helper there to help you detect keys can you try using that?

5. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Found the popup that you're talking about, it works, but it doesn't show anything extra. Looks like the system just doesn't convert those IR codes into anything.
    I'll try the nVidia forums and reddit to see if maybe somebody else tried this and had more luck...
    Thanks João!

6. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Just as a confirmation, looks like the Shield TV was never able to intercept the number key, A, B, X, Y, bumpers keys from the IR remote. This was confirmed over on the ShieldTV subreddit, by owners of Logitech Harmony's (officially supported).
    Case closed.

PS: I successfully used the Vol up, Vol down, Mute and Play/Pause key which are not used anyway since I am routing sound through an AV receiver.

7. Possessed

Possessed New Member

Having same issue. Is there planned support for this?

: shield tv