Kill app (strava) - No root - not working correctly

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by cal_lando, Aug 30, 2017.

1. cal_lando

cal_lando New Member

Hey, I noticed some "kill app not working" threads already existed but I couldn't find any information about my situation and how best to debug it.
    I have a tasker set up to start strava recording when I ride my bike and stop it after I am done (based off this post https://www.reddit.com/r/bikecommut...ial_fully_automatic_strava_commute_recording/).
    The problem with the instructions is the way to start it fails if the app is already running so I read about using AutoInput to kill an app without root. I went through the following youtube video
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bikecommut...ial_fully_automatic_strava_commute_recording/
    but instead of using the AutoShare stuff, which was confusing to me and I couldn't get the trial working to even test it, I went with a suggestion the top comment provided (the instructions are below
    • enter "android.settings.APPLICATION_DETAILS_SETTINGS" in the "Action" field
    • enter "package:com.package.of.some.application" into the "Data" field where "com.package.of.some.application" should be replaced with the name of the package of the application for which you want to open the app info page
    • in the "Target" field select "Activity"
    Now that I have explained the whole setup, the issue I am currently running into with AutoInput is that when I run the task via the play button on tasker, everything works perfectly. However, when I ride my bike and the task is triggered to kill the app it does do it. I open my phone and it always ends up on the app details page. It seems AutoInput does not trigger in practice like it does when I hit the play button. Does the screen need to be on in order for AutoInput to work?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately AutoInput does not work while the display is off. Is that maybe your issue?

3. cal_lando

cal_lando New Member

that is definitely it. I wish I would have known that before buying it. I couldn't figure out how to do the trial. It is really confusing

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the trouble :( Sorry, what do you mean? You weren't able to start the trial?