AutoNotification Launch Youtube Disable notifications from Whatsapp, etc

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Mccum, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Mccum

Mccum New Member

Hi all,

I am trying to create a profile to block notifications when launching apps like youtube, or any video player.. Its very irritating when I stream to TV and notification keeps popping up. I tried using the AutoNotification Block to block out all apps when i launch youtube for example, but notifications are still coming through. Any idea?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What was the filter that you used with AutoNotification? Thanks

3. Mccum

Mccum New Member

This is the first profile, but i realized that after setting up it doesnt matter if i run VLC or not, all whatsapp msgs are blocked, so i went to 2nd solution.

1st Try:
    <TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="5.2.bf1">
    <Profile sr="prof22" ve="2">
    <cdate>1534218637765</cdate>
    <clp>true</clp>
    <edate>1534390621915</edate>
    <id>22</id>
    <mid0>21</mid0>
    <nme>Block Notification</nme>
    <App sr="con0" ve="2">
    <cls0>org.videolan.vlc.StartActivity</cls0>
    <flags>2</flags>
    <label0>VLC</label0>
    <pkg0>org.videolan.vlc</pkg0>
    </App>
    </Profile>
    <Task sr="task21">
    <cdate>1534218557868</cdate>
    <edate>1534390556268</edate>
    <id>21</id>
    <nme>Stop notify</nme>
    <Action sr="act0" ve="7">
    <code>260559060</code>
    <Bundle sr="arg0">
    <Vals sr="val">
    <com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>Apps: com.whatsapp
    Toggle: Enable</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>
    <com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.JSON_ENCODED_KEYS>parameters</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.JSON_ENCODED_KEYS>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.JSON_ENCODED_KEYS-type>java.lang.String</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.JSON_ENCODED_KEYS-type>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>&lt;StringArray sr=""&gt;&lt;_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0&gt;%err
    Error Code
    Only available if you select &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Continue Task After Error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; and the action ends in error&lt;/_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0&gt;&lt;_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES1&gt;%errmsg
    Error Message
    Only available if you select &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Continue Task After Error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; and the action ends in error&lt;/_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES1&gt;&lt;/StringArray&gt;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>[Ljava.lang.String;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS>parameters plugininstanceid plugintypeid </net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS-type>java.lang.String</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS-type>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>true</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>
    <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>java.lang.Boolean</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>
    <parameters>{"blockQueryInput":{"blockQuery":false},"blockText":{"textInvert":false,"textCaseInsensitive":false,"textExact":false,"textRegex":false},"blockTitle":{"textInvert":false,"textCaseInsensitive":false,"textExact":false,"textRegex":false},"removeAllBlocks":false,"settingsNotificationApps":"com.whatsapp","settingsToggleNotifications":"1","generatedValues":{}}</parameters>
    <parameters-type>java.lang.String</parameters-type>
    <plugininstanceid>7642438a-eebd-4d5d-8948-1d12435930fd</plugininstanceid>
    <plugininstanceid-type>java.lang.String</plugininstanceid-type>
    <plugintypeid>com.joaomgcd.autonotification.intent.IntentBlock</plugintypeid>
    <plugintypeid-type>java.lang.String</plugintypeid-type>
    </Vals>
    </Bundle>
    <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">com.joaomgcd.autonotification</Str>
    <Str sr="arg2" ve="3">com.joaomgcd.autonotification.activity.ActivityConfigBlock</Str>
    <Int sr="arg3" val="60"/>
    </Action>
    </Task>
    </TaskerData>

2nd try: Using the Cancel Function, I selected Cancel all, but it didn't seem to stop anything. Not sure if I used the functions correctly. My ideal is to Start VLC, Intercept and stop all notifications from coming in, but will still beep the phone and allow messages from 1 or 2 pre-set contacts to come through. Many thanks.. i am still quite new and tried to look through some videos but still cant get it right
    upload_2018-8-16_12-23-35.png

4. Mccum

Mccum New Member

I realized after i sent this msg out, that all i needed to do was add an exit task to unblock once i close VLC... That would solve the blocking all message part -_-''''

Now if i may then go to the question on how do i let certain contact's msg pass through while i block the rest?

thanks!!!

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can use a regex for that? :)

6. Mccum

Mccum New Member

Yes! I've managed to set the profile to mute and with exception to users.. its really more flexible and creates more usage than to invoke a DnD mode. Thanks!