AutoWear List screen header text color & action commands

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by acezkdn, Mar 27, 2016.

1. acezkdn

acezkdn New Member

Hi I'm new and in trial and would like to create a list screen to pop up on my android wear watch when my phone connects to my car radio with options of running an app on my watch or one on my phone. But I've run unto 2 problems:
    First, the header text color is dark grey or black and doesn't show in my black background color and I wasn't it to be white. I don't know HTML but I googled it and tried but didn't work.
    Second, I can't get the any app to launch when I select one of the options in the list in my watch. I've tried "Launch app =:= Music List" and others but none launch the app. It would be great if there was a wiki of how to do each aspect of all the blanks with all the options, commands possible. More like tasker. Please help asap as I'm considering buying this app just to do this one thing. Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

On the list screen you can change the text color. There's a field for that.

Second,can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. acezkdn

acezkdn New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I have changed the font color in the field you mentioned but it doesn't change font color of the text at the top of the list text.
    Here's the info you requested:
    Profile: Car Radio (21)
    State: BT Connected [ Name:Car Radios Address:10:43:69:00:3F:5B/10:43:69:00:44:40 ]
    Enter: Wear Options (10)
    A1: BT Voice Volume [ Level:15 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
    A2: AutoWear List Screen [ Configuration:Labels: Google Play Music, Remember Me
    Header Text: Connected to car radio: What would you like to play?
    Commands: Launch App=:=Music List
    Icons: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_aaa_ext_music_1,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_aaa_ext_book
    Background Color: #BF000000
    Screen Mode: Turn on
    Swipe Left: false
    Animation: Slide from right
    Text Color: #FFFFFFFF
    Text Size: 17
    Show Confirmation: false
    Show Now: true
    Vibration Pattern: 0,57,151,62,134,52
    Trigger Event: true
    Haptic Feedback: true
    Command to show: &APPOPENED&
    Name: Screen Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear List Screen Timeout (Seconds):20 ]

4. joaomgcd

Thank you.

You're right, the text font doesn't change the title, forgot about that.
    You can use this: <font color="#ffffff">Connected to car radio: What would you like to play?</font> and it'll make the text white.

About launching apps you can maybe go through this tutorial to check out a way to do it: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/autowear-dynamic-mini-launcher.20/
    Here are some more general purpose AutoWear tutorials: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/categories/autowear.23/&page=2
    Hope this helps

5. acezkdn

acezkdn New Member

Hi Thanks again... I got the font color change for the title, so all good. (Just a note, on round watches, such as I have, a lot of the title gets cut off, but I added _____ to get it in view.)
    Now, I followed the tutorial but because it didn't directly correspond with what I'm trying to do, it didn't result in success. Please understand that in the two options of the List Screen, one is a watch app ("Music List") the other is a phone app ("Remember Me"). Also, if the "Remember Me" app is launched, I'd need to use AutoInput to press the play button in the app to launch the audio. Please help. Thanks!!

Here's the profile description now:
    Profile: Car Radio (21)
    State: BT Connected [ Name:Car Radios Address:10:43:69:00:3F:5B/10:43:69:00:44:40 ]
    Enter: Wear Options (10)
    A1: BT Voice Volume [ Level:15 Display:Off Sound:Off ]
    A2: AutoWear List Screen [ Configuration:Labels: Google Play Music, Remember Me
    Header Text: ____________________________
    <font color= "#ffffff"> Connected to car radio:
    What would you like to play? </font>
    Icons: /storage/emulated/0/Icons/com.google.android.music.png,/storage/emulated/0/Icons/org.bible.remember_me.png
    Background Color: #BF000000
    Screen Mode: Turn on
    Swipe Left: false
    Animation: Slide from right
    Command Prefix: watchapp
    Text Color: #FFFFFFFF
    Text Size: 17
    Show Confirmation: false
    Show Now: true
    Vibration Pattern: 0,57,151,62,134,52
    Command to show: launch app
    Name: Screen Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear List Screen Timeout (Seconds):20 ]

ALSO there's:
    Profile: Launch App AutoWear (18)
    Event: AutoWear Command [ Configuration:Command Filter: watchapp=:=
    Case Insensitive: false
    Exact: false
    Regex: false
    Variable Array: false ]
    Enter: Watch Wear App Launch Command (19)
    A1: Flash [ Text:Opening %awcomm on watch... Long:Off ]
    A2: AutoWear App [ Configuration:Execute Now: true
    Name: App
    Launch App: %awcomm
    Turn Screen On: false Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear App Timeout (Seconds):60 ]

6. joaomgcd

You could add some <br/> in the title to move it a bit down :) each <br/> is a new line.

About opening apps, does "Google Play Music" open correctly on the watch?

7. acezkdn

acezkdn New Member

Oh, ok. Thanks! The line break worked, and your question made me realize that the name of the "Labels" fields must be exactly the name of the watch app as it appears in the watch (not on phone)... So I got 2 watch apps to work, but how do I , within the same List Screen, launch a phone app along with an AutoInput command to press the play button?
    If that's not possible, what is the command for launching a phone app?
    Thanks so much!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  8. joaomgcd

You need to set the Commands field to

Code (Text):
    watchapp=:=Google Play Music,phoneapp=:=Remember Me
    and clear the Command Prefix field.

Then create a new AutoWEar profile that listens for the "phoneapp=:=" command and the task launches an app with the name in %awcomm

Hope this helps :)

9. acezkdn

acezkdn New Member

Thanks again for your time and reply!
    I can't seem to accomplish " the task launches an app with the name in %awcomm". via autowear or Tasker task? I can't seem to find any step by step tutorial to do this... or at least don't know what exactly to look for. I'm sucha noob! Please help. thanks heaps!

10. joaomgcd

Sorry, I forgot but you probably need to use AutoLaunch to launch an app by name :) I don't think Tasker has that option. I don't have a step by step tutorial ready for that but basically, use the AutoLaunch action to launch an app with the name %awcomm.

Hope this helps!