AutoNotification Mark text messages read after cancelled

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by scotts, Apr 18, 2020.

1. scotts

scotts Member

I would like to mark text messages as read if they are swiped away from notifications. Although I've read a few posts, I cannot find this exact task.

I get how to identify notifications from my texting app that are 'Cancelled', though how do I then mark it read?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does it work if you add an AutoNotification Actions action in Tasker with the button text set to Mark As Read and run the task? Does that mark the message as read?

3. scotts

scotts Member

Yes, AN will Mark the text 'Mark as read', via Task.

Sent from my Note8

4. joaomgcd

Great. The idea will be that when you receive a notification store its key and action id that corresponds to that button. Then when the notification is cleared use that id with the AutoNotification Actions action to mark it as read. Does that make sense?

5. scotts

scotts Member

Ok, so I will set %ankey and %anbutton1action to variables and react to them when message is Cancelled/cleared. Thank you!

What about a situation where theres multiple messages and I want to clear only one of them? Would I need to create a database of some sort then have the Cancel Action search the table to find the respective key? If yes, please point me in the right direction in how to create such and how to clear entries.

6. joaomgcd