Open Messed up Join Files on Drive

Discussion in 'Join' started by baikunz, Dec 21, 2017.

1. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new Mac and tried to install Join on it. I'm using my google account to sync my chrome settings across my computers. I had to reinstall JoinChrome manually since I'm using the Github version and using the beta app on my Android device.
    I was asked to give Chrome a new device name since it was already used by my previous computer. Join is working fine but I could not get the SMS on the chrome app on my new laptop.
    I tried cleaning up my Join Files folder on Drive, uninstalling Join from android, nothing worked.

Now Join is creating more Join Files folders than it should on my Drive account. It seems that every time I go trough the process of reinstalling everything it creates a new copy.
    As I've been working myself with the Drive API recently, I think the issue might be linked to Folder/files ID problems. Is there anyway to get rid of every saved ID for my account ?
    I looks like right now my devices are not using the same ID for the Join Folder, one is looking for a folder ID 1 while the other might be looking in a folder with ID 2.

I currently have 4 Join Folders created on the root of my Drive when I tried my last cleanup :(

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you try this:
    • Delete all Join Files folders from Google Drive.
    • Delete them all from the Trash on Google Drive
    • On your Android device disable and re-enable the SMS service
    • Check if it works then
    Hope this helps

3. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. I already tried that multiple times, but it does not work :(

4. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi, I tried again to reinstall everything. Cleaned up every Drive files, uninstalling app on android, chrome heres what happened:
    This is after removing every Join Files in my Drive, emptying trash, uninstalling all chrome extensions, uninstalling Join app on android and waiting 30minutes for propagation. I have no idea what to do next. It looks like It's been keeping track of old devices somewhere but I have no idea where...

Attached Files:

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you... Can you please confirm which version of Join you're using? That's certainly very odd!

: drive, cleanup