Open Microsoft Intune MDM's "Work Directory" for contacts isn't synchronizing

Discussion in 'Join' started by Hildebrau, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Hildebrau

Hildebrau New Member

My work forced us to use Microsoft's Intune mobile device manager (MDM) on our phones. I have a Pixel 3XL. It seems to put up a walled garden around the Outlook app and Teams app, etc. At first Android native apps couldn't see the "work contacts" at all. The administrator of the MDM enabled some feature to allow Android to see it, so my Messages app and Contacts app could see the "Work Directory" contacts that the walled garden Outlook App synchronized to my phone.

Enter Join. Join doesn't seem to synchronize those "Work Directory" contacts over to the Google Drive to share them with my other devices for Remote SMS functionality. I really miss seeing my work contacts in the Remote SMS feature. I'd love to see that fixed.

Is there a possible work around? I dug around a bit to see if there was some place to "give permissions" to Join to my "Work directory" but, so far I haven't spotted it.

Thank you for your time!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately as far as I know Join can't see those :( I don't know how to get those other types of contacts or even if there's a way. Do they appear in a different place as your regular contacts in the contacts app?