Open Missing something on variables

Discussion in 'Join' started by Steve L, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Steve L

Steve L New Member

I'm trying to send SMS messages through join from my tablet to my phone with custom made variables, but I think I'm missing something.

I know join can send variables back and forth, I use those already. I tried setting a global variable such as %JMessage1 as "good morning, I see you're at work" prior to sending the message. When I send a join push back to my phone as an SMS message and use %JMessage1 as the text, my phone only shows %JMessage1, not the actual message.

How do I fix that part? I can already do this so many other ways, but this is a learning opportunity for me.

2. Steve L

Steve L New Member

Ok, I got it figured out.

I had a spelling error in the variable when trying to send it back. The variables I'm setting are %JMessage1 and %JMessage2 as examples.

From my phone:
    1. Send a join message to the tablet to trigger the task...like when I get to work

From my tablet:
    1. Set the first variable %JMessage1 as "glad to see you made it to work" (without the quotation marks)
    2. I always throw a 250ms wait time in case phone lags for any reason.
    3. Set the second variable %JMessage2 as "your work tasks have been completed" (again, without the quotation marks)
    4. Proceed with your tasks
    5. Join send push to send an SMS back to my phone. The SMS text is %JMessage1 or %JMessage 2.

I had a minor spelling error as %JMesage1. No wonder it wasn't going through.

Now it works great. This will make all the other uses I have for join much easier to work with.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad it works! :)