Open Missing something with Join

Discussion in 'Join' started by Steve L, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Steve L

Steve L New Member

I just downloaded Join (11/10/18) and Tasker / Autoapps are already up to date. I'm trying to get my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab E -- No root, no carrier, local wifi only) to respond to Join messages. I want the tablet to announce various messages, depending on specific keywords in text messages from friends.

For now, the tablet Tasker profile is simple... Event -> plugin -> Join -> (Received push text filter: "lost me" (no quotes). I have it set as (case insensitive) and (contains all). The exit task is just a say "SMS received" until I can get the entrance trigger to fire. Once I can get this to fire correctly, the entrance and exit words will be changed to fit the situation.

If I have my phone send a Join specific plug-in message to the tablet, then everything works great. If I just send a random SMS message with the code words, nothing fires. My friends don't have tasker installed on their phones and it would be too much trouble to get Tasker on their phone just to have them send me an SMS just for something like a "hey, can you meet me here in an hour?" or "call me when you get a chance".

I've been through the help guides and the forums, but I know I'm missing something simple. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. There's currently no direct way to react to a new remote SMS event from Tasker, but you can do it with the Tasker Notification event. Hope this helps!

3. Steve L

Steve L New Member

Ok, thanks. It was worth a shot. I'll just have to start looking at a work-around then.