Open Mobile screenshot

Discussion in 'Join' started by John Doe55, Jul 1, 2020.

1. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

Hi
    When I try to make a screenshot on my mobile Android device through my computer it gives me a standard notification on my pc saying "getting screenshot", but I don't actually receive a screenshot at all (at least not in my Desktop Join notification thingy). Any way to fix this or am I missing something?
    I also was only able to use open app a single time, this function has now also stopped working entirely.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Are you able to receive pushes on your computer? For example, can you send a webpage from Join on your phone to your PC?

3. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

I can send things to my PC and have unlocked version on mobile but when I click take screenshot for Phone on the computer it says "getting screenshot" but the Screenshot doesn't show up anywhere.

4. joaomgcd

Thanks. And can you send other stuff from your PC to your phone too? What Android version does your phone have?

5. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

My phone is on Android 9 I believe, I can send stuff to clipboard but I can't open any apps or write in any apps.
    If it helps, I use a Xiaomi mi 9t

6. joaomgcd

That makes it seem like the phone is not allowing Join to run properly.

To make sure Join works correctly in the background check here: https://dontkillmyapp.com/?app=Join

Hope this helps!

7. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

Edit: Opening apps sometimes works now and ringing the device and changing volumes works. When I use the "Type text in app" I just get a random string of characters instead of what I wrote, same applies to "send note to self" I can still not take a screenshot on my phone through the computer version of Join.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. joaomgcd

Oh! That just means that the encryption key is not set the same in the Android device and in the other device :)

9. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

Everything now works that my encryption keys are both set the same but I still can't use the take screenshot option on Desktop for my phone. When I click it it says "Getting screenshot" and then nothing happens.