AutoInput Mode "Disable Suppress" times out

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by bemymonkey, Apr 20, 2018.

1. bemymonkey

bemymonkey New Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to use a cheap selfie-stick Bluetooth remote control to launch Tasker tasks in my car, and I'm having an issue with AutoInput that I can't diagnose.

I use a BT Connected profile to set AutoInput Mode to suppress Vol Down and Enter (the two key codes the buttons on the remote control send). This works perfectly.

However, I also have an exit task that *stops* suppression of the keys (AutoInput Mode > Key Suppress: Disable and then selected the two keys) - this simply times out (%errmsg is "timeout").

https://imgur.com/a/yc5KUq0

Any ideas why this could be timing out? When I run the task manually from inside Tasker, it works just fine... when it's triggered by the actual profile (i.e. when I turn off the Bluetooth devices), AutoInput times out.

Code (Text):

<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="5.1m">
        <Profile sr="prof76" ve="2">
            <cdate>1522332524086</cdate>
            <edate>1524206832588</edate>
            <flags>16</flags>
            <id>76</id>
            <mid0>77</mid0>
            <mid1>78</mid1>
            <nme>BTButtonConnected</nme>
            <State sr="con0" ve="2">
                <code>3</code>
                <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">AB Shutter3</Str>
                <Str sr="arg1" ve="3"/>
            </State>
        </Profile>
        <Task sr="task77">
            <cdate>1522332556618</cdate>
            <edate>1524151487979</edate>
            <id>77</id>
            <nme>DisableVolumeEnter</nme>
            <pri>100</pri>
            <Action sr="act0" ve="7">
                <code>1687767515</code>
                <se>false</se>
                <Bundle sr="arg0">
                    <Vals sr="val">
                        <EnableGestureMode>0</EnableGestureMode>
                        <EnableGestureMode-type>java.lang.String</EnableGestureMode-type>
                        <EnableKeySurpressMode>1</EnableKeySurpressMode>
                        <EnableKeySurpressMode-type>java.lang.String</EnableKeySurpressMode-type>
                        <KeyCode>&lt;StringArray sr=""&gt;&lt;_array_KeyCode0&gt;66&lt;/_array_KeyCode0&gt;&lt;/StringArray&gt;</KeyCode>
                        <KeyCode-type>[Ljava.lang.String;</KeyCode-type>
                        <com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>Gestures: Don't Change
    Key Suppress: Enable
    Keys: Enter</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>
                        <com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>&lt;StringArray sr=""&gt;&lt;_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0&gt;%err
    Error Code
    Only available if you select &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Continue Task After Error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; and the action ends in error&lt;/_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0&gt;&lt;_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES1&gt;%errmsg
    Error Message
    Only available if you select &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Continue Task After Error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; and the action ends in error&lt;/_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES1&gt;&lt;/StringArray&gt;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>[Ljava.lang.String;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS>KeyCode EnableGestureMode EnableKeySurpressMode plugininstanceid plugintypeid </net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS-type>java.lang.String</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS-type>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>true</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>java.lang.Boolean</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>
                        <plugininstanceid>8ab04e50-c3ac-4be7-a622-a3924638ce88</plugininstanceid>
                        <plugininstanceid-type>java.lang.String</plugininstanceid-type>
                        <plugintypeid>com.joaomgcd.autoinput.intent.IntentModes</plugintypeid>
                        <plugintypeid-type>java.lang.String</plugintypeid-type>
                    </Vals>
                </Bundle>
                <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">com.joaomgcd.autoinput</Str>
                <Str sr="arg2" ve="3">com.joaomgcd.autoinput.activity.ActivityConfigModes</Str>
                <Int sr="arg3" val="2"/>
            </Action>
            <Action sr="act1" ve="7">
                <code>548</code>
                <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Supressed %errmsg</Str>
                <Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
            </Action>
            <Action sr="act2" ve="7">
                <code>547</code>
                <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">%BTButtonConnected</Str>
                <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">true</Str>
                <Int sr="arg2" val="0"/>
                <Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
                <Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
            </Action>
        </Task>
        <Task sr="task78">
            <cdate>1522332619142</cdate>
            <edate>1524206832588</edate>
            <id>78</id>
            <nme>EnableVolumeEnter</nme>
            <pri>100</pri>
            <Action sr="act0" ve="7">
                <code>1687767515</code>
                <se>false</se>
                <Bundle sr="arg0">
                    <Vals sr="val">
                        <EnableGestureMode>0</EnableGestureMode>
                        <EnableGestureMode-type>java.lang.String</EnableGestureMode-type>
                        <EnableKeySurpressMode>2</EnableKeySurpressMode>
                        <EnableKeySurpressMode-type>java.lang.String</EnableKeySurpressMode-type>
                        <KeyCode>&lt;StringArray sr=""&gt;&lt;_array_KeyCode0&gt;66&lt;/_array_KeyCode0&gt;&lt;/StringArray&gt;</KeyCode>
                        <KeyCode-type>[Ljava.lang.String;</KeyCode-type>
                        <com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>Gestures: Don't Change
    Key Suppress: Disable
    Keys: Enter</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB>
                        <com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>java.lang.String</com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.extra.BLURB-type>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>&lt;StringArray sr=""&gt;&lt;_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0&gt;%err
    Error Code
    Only available if you select &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Continue Task After Error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; and the action ends in error&lt;/_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0&gt;&lt;_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES1&gt;%errmsg
    Error Message
    Only available if you select &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Continue Task After Error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; and the action ends in error&lt;/_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES1&gt;&lt;/StringArray&gt;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>[Ljava.lang.String;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS>KeyCode EnableGestureMode EnableKeySurpressMode plugininstanceid plugintypeid </net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS-type>java.lang.String</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.extras.VARIABLE_REPLACE_KEYS-type>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>true</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled>
                        <net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>java.lang.Boolean</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.subbundled-type>
                        <plugininstanceid>e8de533f-807d-4af6-bca3-a04d6655dbee</plugininstanceid>
                        <plugininstanceid-type>java.lang.String</plugininstanceid-type>
                        <plugintypeid>com.joaomgcd.autoinput.intent.IntentModes</plugintypeid>
                        <plugintypeid-type>java.lang.String</plugintypeid-type>
                    </Vals>
                </Bundle>
                <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">com.joaomgcd.autoinput</Str>
                <Str sr="arg2" ve="3">com.joaomgcd.autoinput.activity.ActivityConfigModes</Str>
                <Int sr="arg3" val="2"/>
            </Action>
            <Action sr="act1" ve="7">
                <code>548</code>
                <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">Volume enter working %errmsg</Str>
                <Int sr="arg1" val="0"/>
            </Action>
            <Action sr="act2" ve="7">
                <code>547</code>
                <Str sr="arg0" ve="3">%BTButtonConnected</Str>
                <Str sr="arg1" ve="3">false</Str>
                <Int sr="arg2" val="0"/>
                <Int sr="arg3" val="0"/>
                <Int sr="arg4" val="0"/>
            </Action>
        </Task>
    </TaskerData>

-edit- Interestingly, the action seems to work if I trigger it with something else, like a proximity sensor event. It's only when I add it to either the Bluetooth Connected exit task or use a separate inverted Bluetooth Connected profile to trigger the task that AutoInput times out.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I'm guessing it's related to an Android issue where the device is very busy when BT connections change and the way Tasker communicates with plugins times out. I've tried fixing that in the latest Tasker beta but I'll have to update AutoInput to work with it. Let me know if you can use the beta so I can update AutoInput for you :)

Thanks!

bemymonkey likes this.